About Me

My photo
Bajram Curri, Albania
My name is Jenny and this is my blog about my journey as a Peace Corps volunteer living and working in Albania.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nutritional Epidemiology

I just finished taking a course called Epidemiology. Yep, you heard me correctly...Epidemiology! You might be asking "What'um-what-ology?" just like I did when I arrived to class the first day. Well, it turns out that Epidemiology is the study of the sources of disease. Pretty cool, eh? And just when I thought I knew it all, it turns out that there are MANY different fields of epidemiology. There is infectious disease epidemiology (which is what my professor Stephen specialized in), cancer epidemiology, disaster epidemiology (that's right, nature), social epidemiology, and nutritional epidemiology, along with MANY more. I was so excited to hear that there was such thing as nutritional epidemiology that I knew for my grand project I would choice that as my topic of interest. And if I didn't think that epidemiology in general was a broad topic, than I sure was surprise when I found out that nutritional epidemiology was just as broad! But I didn't care. I was overly excited to FINALLY do a project related specifically to nutrition.

For the project we were asked to do an hour presentation on a field of epidemiology as a well as a 10pg paper. That's right....an HOUR long presentation! You can imagine how freaked out I got when those words came out of his mouth! But in the end, it was fun! I learned a lot and each presenter got to design a 1/2 presentation 1/2 group activity. It was an awesome class!

In addition to studying a specific field of epidemiology, we asked to research one research project in the field we were studying. For mine, I chose to research how iodine deficiencies might be one of the causes of breast cancer. When I first heard this topic, I was like "Wow, this is a little farfetched if you asked me." But after reading some studies on it, it sounds like a possible causality.

Here is the paper:

Nutritional Epidemiology Paper -

And here is the presentation slides I made. Feel free to ask any questions.


Nutritional Epidemiology Presentation

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia, a
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,
    ?Esophageal cancer,?Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,?Hodgkin lymphoma
    ?Intestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,?Multiple myeloma,?Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,?Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    ,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,?Vaginal cancer,?Vulvar cancer
    HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
    Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews